Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Daddy Time

We are just beginning to learn some of Emma's ques in terms of when she is tired or when she is hungry. Last night I didn't read her quite so well. She was falling asleep in my arms sucking on my neck and slobbering down my back and front. We were hoping to get her into the bath before she fell asleep though so I rushed her into the bath and caught an earful for the next 30 minutes. Emma cried harder than she has since we got her. Mommy stepped in and saved the day with some good old fashioned mommy love and a bottle. She ended up sleeping through the entire night. This afternoon I did a little better. Eileen went to get a massage in the underground area beneath the hotel. I stayed upstairs with Emma. We were playing a little when she began her little whimper cry - I quickly put together a bottle and she slurped down the entire thing as she fell asleep in my arms. Just before Eileen went downstairs she was holding Emma and did a few deep knee bends - Emma giggled and giggled repeatedly and then fussed some when Eileen stopped. This was only the second time she had given us a good deep laugh. It doesn't seem as though she had many opportunities to laugh during her time in the orphanage. I told her that she will be able to laugh all she wants now. She is still sleeping peacefully next to me in her little tiny crib. She has the cutest little mouth that turns down like a little bow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears she has you wrapped around her little finger already. It is amazing how the little rascals do it. A suggestion though, don't let her know it until she is out of her teens!
:)

Tonia Hannemann said...

Dear Emma,
Your Nonnie & Poppie, Aunt Michelle, Uncle John Paul and cousins Christine & John Michael have been hearing about you each day. Your mommy & daddy are telling us all about you. We are a very happy & blessed family...you have made it more so.
Love, Nonnie & Poppie