Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ties that bond




Here is an entry all about Emma - yesterday afternoon Emma was lying on a blanket on the ground and Eileen was lying near her. Emma reached up to Eileen's face and touched her face - she eventually grabbed her hair - I did take a few pics that I will add to this entry later. Later in the day she was in bed and I was playing with her - she did the same with me reaching up and touching my face and grabbing my hair (insert joke here). That evening when I fed her she locked her eyes onto me the entire bottle feeding. As we have noted Emma is a great sleeper - probably the best out of all the children. This morning however she woke up around 5:00 or so - Eileen heard her stirring and when Eileen looked over to Emma she cried - we gave her a small bottle then the fun began - Emma was in bed with us - she was rolling from side to side to see me then Eileen - she was cooing and smiling and touching us - she has never been this animated with us - she has never done this yet - we missed out on a little sleep but we gained some memories. Some of these things may not seem like much for a 9 month old but they are each mini milestones as Emma gets stronger and stronger and bonds more and more with us. What a great way to end our stay at Chongqing. We are packed and Eileen has showered. We have to have our bags in the hall by 0800, grab breakfast and head to the airport by 0930 - next stop Guangzhou.

1 comment:

Tonia Hannemann said...

Yesterday, "Ties that Bond" arrived at the same time that the online church newsletter for May arrived. I read your newest blog and then read the church bulletin which had a poem in it. Since the newsletter was for May when we celebrate Mother's Day, there was a poem by Bernice Maddux for Mothers. But as I read it, I kept seeing the image of the 3 of you playing on the bed and Emma gently touching your faces...and the poem just seemed to match Emma's Mommy AND Daddy perfectly. So I changed a few words and I am sending it your way. I think the poem says it all.
M

"Thank you, God,
For pretending not to notice that two of Your angels are missing and for guiding them to me.

You must have known how much I would need them, so
You turned your head for a minute and allowed them to slip away to me.

Sometimes I wonder what special name you had for them.

I call them Mommy" & "Daddy".
By Bernice Maddux