Thursday, April 10, 2008

Friday 0500 - Not much sleep - then a tour and some duck

I am up up way too early - should have taken a sleep aide but was so utterly exhausted I didn't think I needed one - DUMB me. We arrived safely in Beijing yesterday and we greeted by Christie one of our CCAI reps. We didn't get to do a whole bunch but I will say that I had one of the best showers ever after riding in a plane for 14 hours straight. We walked only a few blocks around our hotel but we were both starving and exhausted. We ate dinner with another couple and shared several different items plus a glass of wine and local beer. Today we will tour Beijing - Tianannmen, Forbidden City and Hutong followed by an acrobatic show with dinner. The dinner will be Beijing Roast Duck (don't tell Joshua) which is one of the local signature dishes. Tomorrow we will visit a Jade carving factory (place your orders now), The Great Wall, and the Ming Tomb. Hopefully we can add a couple of pictures - not that anyone wants to see us. There are other families that are in very similar situations as we are - one couple has a 10 mo. old that they left in the states and they are adopting a 7 mo. old - another couple had previously adopted a little girl here (now 2.5 yrs) and they are adopting a 2nd girl now 2.5 - then ther is another couple that brought their son who appears to be close in age to Joshua and they are also adopting a baby girl.

3 comments:

Tonia Hannemann said...

My Dear, Dear Eileen & Andy,
Tonight (Friday) and tomorrow(Saturday) are the last two nights that Emma will ever be without her mommy & daddy. And ever so soon, she will be feeding the ducks and other birds with her big brother.
Who could ever ask for more?

Debbie Audo said...

Andy & Eileen,
I'm so glad to hear that you arrived safely in China! You are nearing the end of a very long journey. Enjoy your tours and dinners and try to get some sleep! I know you can't wait to meet Emma, and we can't wait to see pictures of your new little girl!
Take Care,
Debbie

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you as you taske on this incredible adventure. I know it must be so hard to be in China and to not be able to see your little girl, much less take her in your arms and give her the love that she so deserves. But it will be so worth the wait when you finally look into her eyes and she will be home. I know Joshua is doing fine, and is anxiously awaiting his baby sis. He's going to be such an incredible big brother. The changes going on in your lives are immense, and my thoughts and prayers are with you as you begin this whole new chapter. You have blessed our lives with your friendship and love, and I can't wait to welcome Emma into our family and yours.