Sunday, April 13, 2008

Initial Preparation and an Update

Eileen is downstairs filling out the first set of paperwork - only 1 person per family - there is only one father - all the rest are the moms - the other spouses go down at 1540 followed by the rest of the crew - kids, travel companions after 1600 - the babies are supposed to arrive by 1530. Some of the babies have traveled for up to 10 hours to get here today so they have been traveling about the same amount that we have - I am exhausted - Eileen is exhausted - I can't imagine what the babies are going through. Everyone is nervous. After waiting for 2.5 years and putting together the paperwork and double and triple checking over and over you still get worried thinking you have forgotten something. It is very surreal. Oh yeah, we received an update on Emma that says she is crawling which came as a surprise to us. Another family had similar news and they were surprised. The report said she was active, social and enjoyed going to the gorcery store which didn't quite make sense but I am sure we will find out soon. The report also said that she had only had one cold, sleeps all night but might take a bottle around 0130 before falling back to sleep. The report also said they explained to Emma that she was going to a nice family today. More to follow ...

5 comments:

Tonia Hannemann said...

Sunday April 13, 2008 6:33 a.m. Cocoa Beach, Florida. Good Morning Dear Emma,
Nonnie & Poppie are smiling.
We love you very much. See you very soon.
Ciao, Ti amo, & Liebe dich

Anonymous said...

Eileen, (and Andy even though you don't know me yet) every time Cooper woke up last night (which was way to many lol) the first thing I though about was "have they got Emma yet?". I can see by your time line that you have finally met your baby girl. I am overjoyed for you and can't wait to read your next post about meeting your Daughter Emma. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of love, Davina & Cooper

Buzz and Kim said...

Okay, I know that by now...you are definately with Emma and see that you are on-line, but I don't want to see you before Buzz does...simply wouldn't be fair to him. So let me got get him. I am so excited for you. The anticipation is killing me!!!!!!! Is your face all puffy and swollen from tearing yet?
Love you all sooooo much, Kim

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting!!! I cannot wait to hear every little detail about Emma! (On your next post, will you repeat how old she is? I can't remember anything except that she is younger than Joshua.)

Unknown said...

By now you are with your beautiful baby Emma,and having a wonderful bonding experience. I cannot express how happy I am for you that this is all finally coming to fruition. My thoughts an prayers are with you as you welcome your new baby girl! I'm sure that Joshua can't wait to see his baby sister via webcam! And even more so in person!